Friday, December 08, 2006

christmas package!

Today I had 3 mail packages arrive at the apartment! (Mom, Dad and Julie - I can't wait to see whats inside!) It was this cute little old man in a delivery suit who came to my door. I can't believe how prompt everyone is here. I told the company I was going to be in the apartment between 5-7pm and sure enough the packages arrived at 4:56! I was so excited that they had arrived. I told the delivery man that they were from Canada. His eyes seemed to light up, "OHHHHHH . Canada. Very cold." (I've noticed that's what the general consensus seems to be around these parts - Canada is cold - all the time. It only has snow and everyone lives in an igloo. It gets me to think about the stereotypes I have of Japan sometimes. ) I kept saying, "Arigato.Arigato." Both of us got caught up in simultaneously bowing. As he crept away from my door, he kept bowing...I kept bowing...he kept bowing...you get the picture!. Man, what a wonderful way to get a Christmas package in the mail. It made me chuckle to myself.

Now, if I only I could open these packages. I will be tempted to do so over the next couple weeks before Christmas. I hate waiting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Such a nice thing to read, I wish I had packages delivered to my door!! haha... I hope things are going well... I just wanted to say Hi and say that I was thinking about you!!! Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Alicia
Your friend at King's!