Thursday, December 07, 2006

i am a dreamer, take me higher

Last night my friend Sarah and I saw Frankie, a guy we work with, D.J at a club in Shinsaibashi in Osaka. It was so refreshing to see an artist again. Perfecting their craft. I am seriously messmorized by watching someone spin. There is some mysterious quality that exists in D.J.s. I wish I possesed that quality. Only to be imagined, I guess.

Lately, as I get up in the mornings and get ready to go to work, this artist I have recently discovered, has been playing in my ear. Bethany Dillon is her name. I sometimes imagine myself sitting in a coffee shop watching her play.
Part of one of her songs is:

Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream

Imagine a beautiful castle
And a beautiful king
He left the comfort of his throne
To fight for victory

I am a dreamer
Take me higher
Open the sky up
Start a fire...

I managed to find her on youtube.com I attached a video of her that almost had me in tears listening to the words and being reminded of the goosebump quality of live music. When an artist is simply present with nothing but their instrument. I have a major itching to play my keys again. This song especially has really given me something to chew on lately. Hope you like her.
Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVTRJXvAr9I
ps - I think everyone aught to have a theme song. A song that is just for them. A song that somehow always seems to articulte your thoughts, no matter what season you are in. A song that is always there for you. Whats yours?

No comments: