Friday, November 24, 2006

"whatever keeps you soft and open. this is what you should live for."

------------------

"...today, I make myself available to You..."

I feel I have not been able to say these words honestly, in my heart before. Even now, these words seems to carry some weight and meaning. As I got out of my futon this morning, looked out the window, this was something immediately on my heart. Do what you will with me today, God. Funny, how the tunnel that I normally ride to the station seemed bigger. How the colours on the trees seemed more deep. What if I really chose to make myself available to God every day? How would with change things?
After a full day of teaching, I rode my bike to Juso, another prefecture in Osaka, hoping to run some errands, and yet I just felt like riding my bike. So I did. For a long time. Passing by small Japanese homes, children practicing baseball in a school yard, an older lady sweeping her sidewalk. It was 4:30pm, and the sun was shining on my face, the cool air was refreshing and the city seemed peaceful. Riding my bike, for no real purpose, but to see new things.

today was a good day.
that is all. until I have more to say later.

No comments: