Saturday, March 31, 2007

cherry blossoms: therapeutic

So, after my trying day, and feeling anxious and frustrated...I rode the train home tonight...and to my left and to my right...where the cherry blossoms. My first sighting! And lanterns lit at the base of the trees. My anxiety and stress immediately melted away. My heart was lighter. It was a lovely moment. To see the famous white flowers illuminated by a soft light. And to see small vendors selling japanese treats under the trees. I was reminded that everyday is new. And with every night comes a strange sort of healing and peace. And perhaps with everyday comes a new blessing. For me, this blessing was clothed in cherry blossoms. Perhaps, most blessings come in disquise. And, when we look up...there it is. To our surprise. Something that encourages us, inspires us or just sustains us for the day.

I can hardly wait to run my hands along the trees and to see them up close.

No comments: