Tuesday, September 26, 2006

whats in a name?

A couple of students came up with my name in Japanese the other day. The kanji system is just one of the letter systems they use here. The way my name sounds in english Ja-y-ne, in Japanese the `ja` sound Japanese character means `compassion, hospitality, inclusion` and the `n sound means `openness, open circle, open minded`. Wow. I don`t think I`m worthy of this at all, but my students were so excited to come up with this for me. I`m so grateful for them. I wish I could write out the Japanese characters for you. They are so beautiful.
Thanks for checking in. Thanks to everyone for your comments. They keep me going from day to day.

I love you, and miss you all.

3 comments:

bri said...

hey friend!

#1: you are too modest
#2: I flew over the most beautiful lightning storm just south of Osaka today and I thought of you
#3: you are in my heart (sounds sappy/creepy, sorry)

Anonymous said...

I Love you Jane!!! Missing you back here. God is good. Talk to you soon.

Sarah said...

hello my dear friend,
wondeful words of encouragement and kindness. You deserve them all!!!