Friday, September 29, 2006

only in japan... thoughts, by me.

Only in Japan...
...will you bow more than 100 times a day. (walking to subway, I saw some gas station attendants simultaneously bowing, facingthe street. I chuckled to myself.)

...is there individually wrapped EVERYTHING! You name it, its individually wrapped!!

...is there J-Pop (Japanese Pop music). The acquired taste of the North American. (still yet to be acquired by me!)

...only in Japan, can you be a good karaoke singer and a bad karaoke singer at the same time! Either way, you are loved by all!!

... are there convienience stores (7-11 included) - that sell packaged t-shirts, underwear and chocolate - all in the same isle!

...can you be unfashionable and fashionable at the same time. Anything goes! My latest sighting - a guy with a closepin in his hair. Need I say more?

...will you feel like a giant!!!!

...only in Japan, will I turn 24 years old. (in like 8 days!! hee.hee.)

...are there old women, wearing t-shirts with profanity. (you gotta laugh, come on.)

...is there a "women only" boarding point at the subway (with pink paint on the subway car - with little floating babies!!)

...are there simlulated flushing toilets noises

...only in Japan, can you get everything in miniature size. - people, electronics, coffee and utensils.

...only in Japan, is it random everyday and everyway.

Only in Japan.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a beautiful blog!! I had to chuckle and smile! I was thinking about you and your laugh!

Anonymous said...

I agree, what beautiful insights. I love learning about Japan through your eyes.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane! Good to read your Blog again. The memories of Japan keep flooding back...iina - I miss it sometimes. You know you can find peanut butter - right?? I found Skippy, or was it Squirrel, all the time. If you are ever really missing Western food then try www.fbcusa.com or www.theflyingpig.com. There is also a Cosco in Osaka. Take care and eat heaps of salmon sushi with lots of wasabi and think of me. Nothing beats the real thing! Jill