Friday, October 20, 2006

the old lady and my bicycle.

Just got home from work. Watching Japanese soap opera. Tofu and salad for lunch (chopsticks are not so hard to use anymore!).
Its windy today here. Cloudy too. I rode my bicycle home from the station and I noticed the air is cooler today. Embarrassing story - so, apparently I have no sense of balance - while riding my bike to Nishinikajima-Minamikata station (say that 5 times fast!) this morning, I pretty much toppled over for no reason. I stopped at the crosswalk, and almost fell onto some old lady. I got a wierd look. I hope no one else saw. What made me feel even more dumb was that fact that 2 smaller girls on their bikes, simply whizzed past me and giggled to themselves. Very random. I seem to wear a big sign on my forehead that says "Laugh now, please."
Some days its really tricky to figure out how to dodge people on your bike. Not to mention this SUPER SCARY tunnel that I dread everytime on my way to the station. Its so narrow, and you literally have to hold your breath everytime you pass someone. I think I'm an accident waiting to happen. My palms sweat just thinking about going into that darn tunnel.
I've learned that I just have to scare myself ****less here at first (excuse the language!), then I eventually feel better. Still...I hate that darn tunnel.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

My sweet Jane! You are oh so precious! I know what you mean about having everyone laugh at you. Hold your head up high!

LindsayAnne said...

Jane you really make me laugh!! just had to say that:)